Online math tutoring can be an amazing resource for parents of school-aged children who need extra help with their math homework, or who are struggling with an algebra or calculus class. However, finding the best online math tutor can be tricky — after all, there are plenty of options out there, and they’re not all equal in quality or style! To help you find the best online math tutor suitable for your child, keep reading to learn more about the best online math tutors available today.
Pascals Triangle: A Triangle of Numbers
A triangle of numbers that can be used to find a variety of mathematical problems. The triangle is named after Blaise Pascal, a French mathematician and philosopher who made significant contributions to math and science. Numbers in Pascals triangle are placed as the sum of two numbers just above the number. This concept is used widely in probability theory, combinatorics, and algebra. It’s easy to make your own with some simple steps. Here’s how to do it.
- First, take any square piece of paper—four sides work best—and label each side from one to four (A1 through D4). Then draw diagonal lines from corner to corner on each square: line 1A1 will intersect line 2B2 and so on. These are your rows and columns.
- Now you’re ready to start filling in numbers. Start with row 1A1 and write down every number that can be made by adding two single-digit numbers together: 1+9=10; 9+0=9; 0+9=9; 3+6=9; 6+3=9; 7+8=15; 8+7=15… you get it! Now, move on to row 2B2 and do exactly what you did before, but use multiples of 10 instead of single digits.
- Next, move on to row 3C3 and fill in multiples of 100. This works exactly like multiples of 10 (100+100=200; 200+90=290; 250+75=325).
5 Things to Look for in an Online Math Tutor
To make sure your child gets an excellent education, you’ll want to look for a few things when hiring a math tutor online. To ensure that you’re making an informed decision, you should consider several different factors before hiring someone.
1) A good understanding of your child’s learning style:
An online math tutor should be able to assess your child’s learning style. A great tutor will know how to teach in a way that works best for your child. This is especially important if you have a child with ADHD or another learning disability. If you want to make sure your child gets an excellent education.
2) High-quality lessons and materials:
You want an online math tutor who has high-quality lesson plans and materials at their disposal. The best tutors will have a wide variety of resources to choose from, so your child can learn in a way that’s most effective for them.
3) A willingness to follow your child’s progress:
You want an online math tutor who will take a hands-on approach to learning. A great tutor will ask you about your child’s performance in school and help you monitor their progress. If your child is struggling with a particular subject, an online math tutor should be able to develop a plan of action that works best for them.
4) An easy-to-use interface:
You want an online math tutor who has a user-friendly interface. If you’re going to be using your tutor regularly, you don’t want to have to spend hours trying to figure out how to use it. The best tutors will have intuitive interfaces that are easy to navigate.
5) A friendly, encouraging environment:
You want an online math tutor who creates a friendly and encouraging environment. This is especially important if you have a child with ADHD or another learning disability. The best tutors will make your child feel comfortable in their lessons, which can help them learn more effectively.